Sebelum membaca Soal ini, ada baiknya anda mencoba mengerjakan SOAL LATIHAN TEST CPNS BAHASA INGGRIS SECARA ONLINE.
SOAL DAN JAWABAN BAHASA INGGRIS TEST CPNS TAHUN 2013
1. The increase in the sales of new cars ....... Expected to make traffic jams worse
2. Little children are usually afraid of........ by their mother.
B. To leave
D. Been left
3. " When did you realize you had lost your purse"" When I... ,one to pay the conductor"
A. Was needing
B. Had needed
C. Have needing
D. Am needing
4. Why didn't Did! wan to go home?'' His mother...... him for causing the car accident'
A. would blame
B. has blamed
C. is blaming
D. had blamed
5. The way professor Mattis teaches English not only keeps the student' interest.......
A. And also increases their motivation
B. But also increasing their motivation
C. And he also increases their motivation
D. But also increases their motivation
6. The thief......... into the room through this window because there are footprint near the door.
A. Was to get
B. My get
C. Would rather get
D. Must have got
7. He told me a lot about the Philippines. He ..... there for a long time.
A. Must have lived
B. Might be living
C. Ought to have lived
D. Should be living
8. Your son will be operated on tomorrow morning. He ... have a good rest tonight' the doctor said.
9. Having given the prescription to the patient...
A. The medicine was taken regularly by the patient
B. The doctor told the patient to take the medicine regularly
C. The medicine had to be taken regularly by the patient
D. The patient was told to take the medicine regularly
10. .......... A few million rupiahs, he went on a four to Europe.
B. Has saved
C. He has saved
D. Having saved
11. The fact that he was put into prison for something that he had not done made his wife. . .
B. To be crying
D. To cry
12. Andi, will you slose the windows, please. I'm busy right now'. I'm busy my self, but .........anyhow
A. Will close them
B. Will have to close them
C. Will have them closed
D. Will ask you to close them
13. We are going on a long trip, so we must...
A. Have checked the car
B. Have had the car checked
C. To have the car checked
D. Have the car checked
14. The company's new product was ........ advertised on TV.
15. The original ........ manuscript to the play is on display in the museum.
A. Written by hand
B. Writing hand
C. Hand written
D. Hand writing
16. The thief denied ... the jewelry although the police forced him it admit it.
C. To steal
D. In stealing
17. His shop was burn down .......... his car that was parked nearby
A. And either did
B. Also was
C. But neither was
D. And so was
18. 'Who won the ford foundation scholarship?'. The high school student .... The city council had chosen as the beat student'.
A. he who
19. My brother needs two .... To help him run the store.
20. ..... is not yet know
A. can he be involved in the trade of narcotics
B. he is involved in the trade of narcotics
C. whether he is involved in the trade of narcotics
D. when he is involved in the trade of narcotics
21. If he hadn't been promoted, he'd have quit his job. The underline words mean,...
A. He kept his job
B. He would like to keep the job
C. He had to quit his job
D. He lost his job
22. 'She is one of the ten best dressed women in town. 'Really?....?
A. does she always dress her self so fashionably
B. does she dress her self so always so fashionably
C. does she always so fashionably dress her self
D. does she so fashionably always dress her self
23. My uncle doesn't car much ..... he can send his children to college.
24. Which sentence is correctly punctuated?. He won an international awards for his...
A. Excellent, interesting, well-written, scientific article
B. Excellent, interesting, well-written, scientific, article
C. Excellent interesting, well-written, scientific article
D. Excellent, interesting, well-written scientific article
25. Different interpretations on the same event by various newspaper ..... Readers confused and angry.
A. To make
B. They make
D. It makes
26. You look so unhappy, Anton. What's the matter?'. 'My father.... His job.
A. has just lost
B. has been losing
D. is losing
27. The work .... Computers requires well trained personnel.
C. to be involve
28. Did I tell you about the girl... I met during the student demonstration last week?
D. Of which
29. He asked me whether he... my car to go to the party.
A. can borrow
B. might borrow
C. ought to borrrow
D. may borrow
30. What did AdI finally decided?''...... ....his master degree in Australia
A. he can take
B. his taking
D. to take
31. We were planning to open anew office in Surabaya,......... the economic crisis forced us to postpone it
32. I am still waiting .... For an interview
A. To be called
B. Be called
C. Be calling
D. To call
33. A planet is a body in space that revolves around a star. There are nine planets in our solar system, and these nine planets travel around the sun. The names of the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. Planets travel in orbits around the stars. All of the planets 01 the solar system revolve in elliptical orbits. In other words, their orbits are like large, flat circles. The time that it takes a planet to make one revolgtion around the sun is called a year. The Greeks were the first people to recognize and give names to some of the planets. Tile word planet comes from a Greek word meaning wanderer If a person wanders, this means that he goes from one place to another and does not have a home. The Greeks thought that planets "wandered" in the sky. However, modern scientists can predict the movement of the planets very accurately. What is the suitable title for this text?
A. The Stars
B. The Orbits
C. The Greeks
D. The Planets
E. The Wanderers
34. The planets in our solar system travel...
A. Around the stars
B. Around the circles
C. In one movement
D From one position to another
E. In elliptical orbits
There are millions of plants snd animals living in the sea. Most of the plants and animals living in the oceans are extremely small and float near the surface of the water in their thousands. They are food for huge numbers of small animals that also live near the surface. Together, they are all known as plankton.
Many fish feed on this plankton, including one of the largest, the whale shark. Despite their great size, certain whales live entirely on plankton.
The blue whale is the largest animal ever to live. It grows to a length of over 100 feet. The humpback whale is a smaller kind and has long flippers. It can jump right out the water. The Californian grey whale makes long migrations every year - it spends the summer feeding in the Arctic but swims south to he warmer waters off the coast of Mexico in the winter. The females give birth in the shallow, warm water there.
Many of the fish in the sea may be eaten by other meat-eaters. Sharks, for example, area some of the fastest hunters, although not all of them eat other fish. Deep down in the oceans live many strange fish. It is so dark down there that many of these fish have "light" on them, which are used for attracting smaller fish for the larger ones to eat.
Jellyfish are peculiar-looking creatures ranging in size from a fraction of an inch to 6 feet across. They don't really swim but drift in the currents of the open oceans. Although they contain a powerful sting, they are often eaten by turtles. Turtles are reptiles that spend most of their eggs on sandy beaches.
35. ........ are food for huge numbers of small animals that also live near the surface
A. Very small plants and animals
B. Big animals
C. The oceans mammals
D. The smallest animal
E. Big plants
36. Paragraph three tells us about.
A. the life of whales
B. the size of whales
C. the movement of writes
D. Three kinds of whales
E. the migration of whales
37. The main information of the passage is that........
A. Most plants are food for animals
B. the colour of the largest whales is blue
C. the female whales give birth in the shallow and warm water
D. the great size fish also eat plankton
E. millions of plants and animals live in the sea
38. Which statement is True according to the text?
A. The turtles eat jellyfish
B. The turtles lay their eggs in the seabed
C. The sharks possess a powerful sting.
D. The Californian grey whales immigrate to the Arctic in winter.
E. The humpback whale is the largest animal in the sea
39. The word "despite" in paragraph two could be replaced by........
B. Referring to
C. In spite of
E. Instead of
40. I... go to school now.
A. am going to
B. will to
D. may to